What position does it sound like my baby is in?

I've tried belly mapping on spinningbabies.com, but I just don't get it. I'm pretty sure his back is on my left and he's head down, because I feel small movements in my lower left, and feel bigger movements in my upper right... But how do I know is he's posterior or anterior? Which one is the best/normal position to be giving birth? Thanks.

Enembe

Asked by Enembe at 10:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If his back is on your left side, are your big movements more out twords your belly, or up in your ribs? Up in your ribs, or more that direction that way, then the baby is anterior. If you are having movements all over yor belly it is posterior, As the baby drops into the birth canal it will become more and more with the back twords your belly button. Sounds like the baby is in agreat position though, ideal is LOA, (left ociputal posterior) with the baby's back mostly along your left side and slightly to the front.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• lol, sorry, LOA is left ociputal anterior, right letters wrong word!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• His movements are mostly up in my ribs now.. He keeps putting a lot of pressure on them lately and it hurts. lol
    Enembe

Answer by Enembe at 12:59 AM on Jun. 20, 2009