Weird Doc and due date issues

The first day of my last period was march 4. According to that my due date should be Dec 9. My Doc couldnt even find the baby on the first few ultrasounds. Then when she did she said My Due date was the 29 of Dec. That means I would have conceived on April 5... But I never got my period in April. It should have started the 4th, so on the 5th when i conceived I would have been menstrating..Then My first at Home Pregnancy Test was the 13th of April.. only 8 days after I conceived, Would it have even shown up on a home PT that soon? How likely is it that my due date is actually the 29th?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ultrasounds are not always accurate. One of my good friends absolutely knew that the estimated due date according to the dr's ultrasound was 3 weeks off - she charted her ovulation and every time she had sex. She ended up being "3 weeks late" according to her doctor (she ended up switching to a midwife because the dr wouldn't let her go that far past her "due date" (even though the due date was wrong). I think sometimes doctors can be arrogant in their dependence on machines. It sounds like the ultrasounds is wrong in your case - at least by 5 days or a week.
    joshuasmommy327

Answer by joshuasmommy327 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• when they tell you your due date by ultra sound it is based on certain landmarks and measurements USUALLY the first US is the most accurate later in pregnancy too many other things factor in... also when calculating a LOP remember the first 2 weeks you are actually not pregnant but they count for purposes of the egg.... if you have a 28 day cycle which you do not based on what you wrote.... but anyway...you get pregnant on day 14 but the 14 days prior (day1-13) STILL COUNT
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:51 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I've always heard that you are supposed to go by the date of your last period. I've had 2 very different pregnancies. The 1st was right on time (according to the date of my last period.) The 2nd pregnancy, according to my last period, was April 21st. According to the ultrasound it was sometime in March b/c the baby was measuring so big. My dr. told me never to go by the ultrasound b/c they were not accurate. In fact, at one point, the ultrasound was telling me my son was 8 1/2 lbs. The dr. felt of my stomach & told me he felt more like 7 lbs. 12 oz. 1 1/2 weeks later on April 9th, I had a 8 lb. 4 oz. boy. Just think if the ultrasound had been right!
    calbrown

Answer by calbrown at 10:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• so if your last period was March 4th you got pregnant on March 20th (youve written that your cycle is 30 days)-- even if you did not have sex on March 20th the 4 days prior would still get you pregnant
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• the above are good. but get a midwife!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 19, 2009