some comfort please.

My husband of 16 yrs. has recently told me he no longer loves me,and he wants nothing to do with me anymore.It is painfully obvious that he is experiencing some type of mid life crises.(we are broke and he bought a new Harley, and a shit lode of other things)I have made my own share of mistakes too. My problem is HE IS STILL LIVING HERE,and has been drunk off his ass for the last 2 MONTH'S! He degrades me constantly.He is mean and hateful,and refuses to acknowledge that he has any responsibility as a father other than monetary obligations.

flowerchid72

Asked by flowerchid72 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Hang in there!!!! If he doesn't want to be there and is drunk all the time, KICK HIM OUT!!!!
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• It may be time for a separation. Sometimes it helps to get back to even playing field. Is he depressed? I guess the mid-life thing I don't really understand. It's not fair for you to stand by and take the constant emotional abuse. I am sorry you are going through this. Maybe you can get away for the weekend by yourself. I'd pack a little bag, get a good book, and head for the beach, rent a cheap little room, and lounge in the sand all day.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• leave him... that seems to be the best choice misery loves company and you can do bad on your own you don't need him there to bring you down... you will be alone but HAPPY good luck its hard but you can get through this.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 11:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• first of all i am so sorry that you are going through all this. 16 years is a long time and sometimes life becomes a routine. even if you do separate, which may be the best thing for the both of you right now until you sort things out, it will still be hard. this has been the life you knew for a long time so cut yourself some slack. it sounds like you both have some thinking to do and sorting out for whats best for you and your family, kids included. and you wont be able to do that while you are both still living together ggetting under each other skin. maybe a friend can give him a place to crash for awhile seeing as how funds are tight. would he be receptive to that. it sounds like he is confused. i dont think you just wake up one day and decide the woman who you are married to for 16 years you are no longer in love with. it sounds like their is something else going on with him.
    djureidini

Answer by djureidini at 11:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I'm so sorry, hang in there! He sounds awful and he should leave you alone. Have you asked/told him to leave? I hope things start to improve for you soon.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• dont worry if you feel you marriage is falling apart pray God will answer your prayer... you should watch the movie Fireproof i hope it helps.. blessings
    Hyde3

Answer by Hyde3 at 2:56 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• id be kicking his ass to the curb intill he can grow up...my ex's mom went through the same thing with ehr now ex hubby he left her and he didnt have the balls to tell her face to face. he was in canada with his new gf and he told his daughter over the phone that he wasnt comeing home anytime soon b/c he was having fun for the first time in 28 yrs..but when he came back form canda he came back to the house for 3months intill ex's sister graduated from hs the whole time he would leave and in disapear for days not answer his phone and show up piss drunk...finally ex's mom kicked his ass to the curb and started the divorce siteing infindality and verbal abuse
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:51 AM on Jun. 20, 2009