Seeking Help ?

I know that this can be a touchy subject, but I see so many times how someone will go to a physic or ask a practicing Witch for help ... (In the news) people are looking for the out come of todays bad econimic situtation or if their co. is going to make it and etc and etc...
Now my question is... These people are NOT non-believers of the bible, many are God fearing people who attend church and yet they are coming to us (Witches and others) for this type of help.. why?
Isn't it better to ask YOUR God for the answers than a Witch? Isn't it in YOUR bible that a *Witch shall not live*?
I am not trying to be rude, but this has been all over the news and internet for months now ....
What are your feelings?

plz excuse the misspellings... no spell chk here...lol...

gmasboy

Asked by gmasboy at 10:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• "witch shall not live" has other translations that substitute the word "witch" for other things. It is not necessarily referring to what we know of today as "witches." The Old Testament would also have you basically tarred and feathered for eating a cheese burger. It is important to seperate what parts of the OT might have been Moses or the Levite priests' rules and the actual message of how God feels.

People will undoubtedly mention King Saul banning witches and then going under the cover of darkness to the Witch of Endor for help. This doesn't serve as proof that the Bible condones seeking help from witches but rather serves to provide a mirror of self-identity to believers about trusting others instead of God.

I do believe that people ought to be seeking and trusting God first. I can't speak for their actions or why they're doing what they're doing. (cont.)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Undoubtedly, anxiety would contribute to someone doubting their faith or going to other sources for relief when they're not receiving the answer that they want from God or are afraid to trust God. I honestly have no problem with witches. However, I believe that since I follow the Christian faith, I should practice it and its guidelines for seeking God for my problems. That is just me. I have no problem with psychics. I was very clairevoyant myself as a child.  Again, part of that is the trusting God thing as well as being wary of where psychics I do not know are getting their information from as well as what portals they could be opening based on their experience (or lack thereof rather).

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• WOW! Anyone that calls themselves Christians and go to a witch or medium for answers have erred and transgressed against God. True Christians that know, depend and have confidence in their God follow this scripture . 2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people which are called by name would humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways and pray then will I hear from heaven forgive their sin and heal their land. We true believers know that the answer to our problem is prayer and repenting from their sins. Whenever we legalize certain immorality expect judgment, including seeking witches and mediums for answers.Psalm 33:12 Blessed is the nation whose God is thte Lord; and the people whom he hath  chosen for his own inheritance

ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 11:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I agree with you on this gmasboy..

besides... faith in whatever religion you are in.. is the only think you can find answers in..
    if your not of that faith.. you won't find answers.. because the answers you get won't be believed.

ex.. I have a lot of faith in meditation.. but if I didn't believe in it, I won't ask someone to meditate for me to seek answers only I myself can find. It's silly.

Perhaps these people should take a visit to religioustolerance.org so they can learn about these religions.. this way they would know.. a spell is really no different than a pray.. with both, you have to have strong faith, in order for anything to come of it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:06 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Legalize? I am curious what you mean by legalize ptomom?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• lol. pnwmom.. I was writing out the same thing as you were about the legalizing.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I agree hazeldove. To me, it is a little obnoxious when someone who doesn't practice a certain religion expects temporary help from that group or religon, never believing it or planning to continue with it in the future. It's kinda like being "used" isn't it?

ptomom, I have to ask.....are you saying that Psalms 33:12 as justification for intolerance of all religions but the Christian one under the law? I ask because you mentioned about legalizing immorality and receiving a punishment from God.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• ptomom678... OK you say fellow Christians have transgessed against God bc they went to a Witch or a Medium for answers, then why didn't YOUR God answer them so they didn't have to go to a Witch or a Medium?
    I am NOT being rude, but if these people are praying and not getting answers what do you think they should do then... ????
    People need answers not sit and wait promises that may or may not come to them...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• lol
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Sorry, November love. the bible clearly states not to seek a witch from the old testament to the new. witch in the Hebrew text kashaph meaning to whisper a spell to enchant or practice magik.. sorcerer. kashashaph -a magician sorcerer. The bible knew exactly what it spoke of when it calls them witches. Secondly. Witches can only imitate the power of God through limited artifical potency from Satan. But God expects us to seek him the only who holds ALL power.

ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 11:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2009