Do you have white trim and/or white doors in the interior of your house?

If so, what are the pros and cons of having white! Thanks so much in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I LOVE white trim and doors. When I lived in North Carolina I had them and it was not hard to keep the trim clean. Here in MN everyone builds homes with oak...very boring oak. I like the white because paint colors with white are gorgeous. If I could build a house, I would ask for white. Don't let them talk you out of it if that's what you want!!!! ;-)
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Yes. We have chocolate colored walls. The white really pops and looks good. The bad thing is they get dusty and any dirt really stands out. I go through with a tooth brush to clean them.
    Anonymous

• OP here: Anon :09 Do they get scuff marks a lot? Do you need to touch them up with paint a lot? Would you choose white again? How much do you clean them?
    Sorry! I just love white trim, but everyone's trying to talk me out of it. Even the builders LOL!
    Anonymous

• I have white and love them! Gotta paint the walls though because the white on white is very boring. I have brown, tan, sage, maroon, etc paint in different rooms and the white looks awesome against it!
    Kylie819

Answer by Kylie819 at 11:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I recently remodeled my home. And we went with white trim and doors, LOVE IT
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I love the way white pops offset of another color. I hate cleaning it though! ARGH!!!!!!! Expecially on the bathroom doors, the kids go there with their grimy dirty hands to get clean and they touch everything along the way!!!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2009