How do I make him happy???

My fiance got some potential bad news @ his dads health.He's had some bad days @ work as well.For almost a week,he has been in this horrific mood.He's not smiling,touchy and snappin at me whenever I say anything.He was even upset with me when I didn't go to the dr.s appt.with him for his dad,I went with my daughter to support her when she enrolled into college!!!I have tried to cheer him up,listen to him vent,and I help with his dad.He just continues to be mad and I am afraid to say anything that might set him off.It's Father"s Day weekend..supposed to be his weekend,does anyone have ANY suggestions?

momz1970

Asked by momz1970 at 11:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• I think with men, they often just need space when they are in a really bad place. You can't fix it. You just have to wait it out and lay low for a little while. The best thing you can do is think of yourself as his anchor while he is being pushed around by these waves of intense emotion. He needs your stability right now. He may be acting cold and distant right now - but he really does need you.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 1:23 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• My mom just died 2 months ago.

There is nothing you can really say or do (at this point in time) that is going to make him feel any better.

Good Luck!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I can see he is under a lot of stress but he really has no right to take it out on you.. :( Is his Dad in the hospital? Maybe you can have a nice BBQ or Family Dinner and invite his Dad over too
    Anonymous

• No his dad is not dying,but the dr.s think he may have ahltzimers.He started to get sick in March of this year,and it's been real tough on all of us.His memory is fading fast,he remembers people,but not doing well on events and other things.He can't work or drive,and it's hard on us,because we know how upsetting it is to him...he doesn't understand what is happening.We have a family Reunion this weekend and I hope this cheers he and his dad up.I can only hope for the best.Thanks to everyone who has answered.I hope his mood gets better.
    momz1970

Answer by momz1970 at 12:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• It sounds to me like all his focus is on his dad & he seems to want your focus there too. If it were me, I would concentrate on making sure his dad had the best fathers day ever, because seeing his dad happy might make him happy. Sort of prioritizing with his priorities, if you know what I mean....
    wanderingmuse

Answer by wanderingmuse at 1:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2009