wisdom teeth removal...

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out today and we have Fathers Day plans on Sunday morning....what are your experiences, will I be swollen 40 hours after getting them out?

mommabear2008

Asked by mommabear2008 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Health

• Yes you will be. My guess would be you aren't going to feel up to much on Father's Day. For most people the 3rd and 4th days are the worst. They were for me. Just take it easy and live on a mush diet for a few days!
    Anonymous

• Yess you will be swollen. try and eat as much ice cream as possible thats all I could eat and it helped the swelling a lot, but I was swollen for like a week. I even had a huge bruise on the side of my cheek and jaw... Haha I got mine out while planning my wedding so while searching for a wedding dress all the ladies were horrified, like i was beat or something lol.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 11:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• The swelling really is worst a few days into it. If you switch between ice packs and heat. That helped a lot with me. My face ended up not swelling anywhere near as bad as everyone else I know! Hope you get to feeling better soon. I know thats a miserable feeling!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• yep. not to scare you but i was swollen for about 3 weeks. i had mine surgically removed though, not pulled. my DH had his pulled and he was swollen for about 1 week. lots of snowcones lol
    tatmum

Answer by tatmum at 11:57 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• lmao firethearson! I can't imagine how the looks you must've gotten or the whispers behind your back...too funny! lol
    I had to go to Wal-Mart this morning really quick to pick up my prescription and while I was there I picked up some baby shower presents....I guess I looked as crappy as I felt cause the cashier asked me when I was due and kept making reference to the baby stuff. I explained it was for a friend and she just looked at me like she didn't believe me! lol I guess I looked like I had morning sickness....I got a FRosty on the way home so I'm a happy camper now! lol
    I'm sorry you all had to go through this, especially you tatmum,swelling for 3 weeks...ugghhhh! We're taking the kids to an indoor waterpark tomorrow so I can just relax in the water (they have a lazy river with big tubes) and if I get too sore that's what I got Vicodins for. lol (I can only take a half though cause I'm not used to painkillers)
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2009