Christian, do you feel far away from God and you don't know how to get back in fellowship with Him again?

I was feeling like that a few hours ago.I've been spending alot of time on here and watching t.v. while forgeting to pray and read my Bible.I got really distracted and it felt terrible to feel so far away from God.I said a prayer or two and I started to feel back to my Christian self again but that was scarey!There's major power in prayer that gives us power to live out the Christian life but once you stop praying you loose that power.

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 11:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• yes, sometimes i do get distracted.. i do think about God, and prayer. i do love to go and listen to christian music, and i do this in my house and car. life can get so distracted.. So i agree with you, we need to be praying constantly.. thanks for the encouraging..
    Anonymous

• I used to go to a Bible study every week and I did this for a couple of years.I stopped going and took a break from it,big mistake!I go to church every Sunday but it's not enough,I need the motivation from people to tell me to read my Bible.I'm too lazy to do it on my own.I have really allowed other things to come into my life and be the god of my life instead of Jesus.Mainly my temptations are not reading the Bible enough and not praying enough,which tells of where my heart is with God.I don't trust God enough or think he can help me enough,that is Sin to me.So pretty soon I'm going to another Biblestudy and I have already prayed like 3 times today and feel much closer to God.There's something powerful about prayer because I feel empowered afterwards to do the right thing,nothing else makes me feel that way.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 12:11 AM on Jun. 20, 2009