Dave Thomas Adoption Foundation

I've looked into this, and we're thinking of adoping in the future, and I wanted to see if anyone has gone through the D.T.A.F. to do so?
Or if anyone else knows of other great foster/adoption agencies? We are just starting into looking, and I don't really know where all to look.

We're not looking for babies. We'd prefer older children if that matters?
Thanks a bunch gals! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Adoption

• I suspect you'll find that many private agencies deal mostly with the placement of infants. I assume you have contacted (or will contact) your state's Child Services agency?
    Anonymous

• I met two of my kids for the first time at a Christmas part that was held at the Dave Thomas Foundation. Otherwise I haven't had any experience with them. If you want to adopt a waiting child then you should usually contact your local Children's Services. We were able to go through a private foster/adopt agency in our area, but not all areas seem to have those.
    mommy9

Answer by mommy9 at 2:32 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• If you're looking for older children then I'd go thru your local county agency. It's usually free of costs as they are classified special needs and they are usually easy to work with.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2009