how often do you question your faith?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do not question my faith.

I often question my beliefs. Since much of what I believe is based upon interpretation of scripture, I often wonder if I am following as closely as God intended. I often wonder if the translation of the Bible I have is the best or if perhaps some of the cannonical texts should be with the noncannonical ones and vice-versa. I am always looking to learn more and therefore gain just a bit more knowledge of my religion and who God is.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• um. never. i'm very comfortable with what i belive. Thank you. In fact, i am leaning on my faith right now and it has been very comforting and helpful.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I was raised with my Mother saying we were christian, but I never belonged or attended a church regularly. I do Believe there is some higher power but I also believe in Evolution and science. I Believe in Life on other planets and Spirits, So why shouldnt there be a higher power? I just don't know if I believe alot of what people perceive that higher power to be
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I dont.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:10 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER TO I QUESTION MY FAITH IN GOD
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:25 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• It's not that I question my faith, I believe in God and I believe He died for my sins. It's the churches I question.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 4:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I never have.  Atheism fits me like a glove.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:18 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• i dont question my beliefs.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 9:34 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I do not question my faith...ever. Do I sometimes wonder why things happen the way that they do? Or why people do or say some of the things that they do? Or wonder how things fit into God's big picture? Do I ever have questions? Of course. It's human nature to do so; we're curious. But question my faith? No. My faith is in God alone. I believe that He sent His one and only Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for my sins...and for yours. I believe that He was crucified and then buried, and He rose again on the third day. I believe in the Holy Spirit Who was left for believers as a Comforter to live within us when Jesus ascended into heaven to sit at the right hand of God, His Father. Everything that I believe is based on what I have studied for myself in God's Word. No one has told me what to believe, although there are godly men & women who are wonderful teachers. I am steadfast in my faith.
    ProudTexan71

Answer by ProudTexan71 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 20, 2009