charity?

hi ladies
i'm a sahm and was thinking i'd like to dedicate one day to charity work helping the community something I can do with the kids 19 mo any ideas?

mirit.rose

Asked by mirit.rose at 12:10 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Honestly at that age, trying to get them to do anything is a challenge. I have 3, my youngest is 18 months. I won't go into to much info, but one thing you could do is go to a nursing home, take the little one with you. Seeing a baby, and interacting with one, will make the day of many of the residents, at least the one's that still have a semi-full deck.
    mamatware

Answer by mamatware at 12:14 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Thats a great idea! I do charity events with my son all of the time. With me I do book fairs for Usborne Books through my company and donate the proceeds and free books to a local foster home. There are lots of fun things you guys can do together! Its really made my son see how lucky he is and treat people better and with more kindness. I'd avoid the animal shelter for now. I tried that but the animals are a little scared sometimes there and I was afraid he might get hurt. I do serve on their board myself though. Also avoid a trash cleanup at that age. You might consider calling your local children's hospital to see what you guys could do too. Maybe even going together and reading to a sick child. Good luck!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:17 AM on Jun. 20, 2009