Ok, nipple stimulation haha

Last time I did it for sooo long and didn't get anywhere, not one contraction. I was thinking this time if I go overdue that I could use my electric pump to get some contractions going. Anyone tried this?

I'm scared that it might not work though, and then I'll start producing milk before the babies born and be all engorged. Then the little one won't get the stuff colostrum that they need. I just REALLY don't want to get induced. I wanted this birth to be as natural as possible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• An electric pump can do wonders for getting labor going. Also, have lots of sex. The prostaglandins in semen help soften the cervix. So have good sex (you get to climax too!), utilizing lots of breast stimulation and then put the pump on for a half hour, then take a 10 minute break and repeat until labor starts :) It will only work if your body is ready.

Also, you will not produce milk until after the baby is born. The placenta has to separate from the uterine wall before milk production will start. Milk doesn't come in until 2-5 days after the baby is born anyway.

Also, unless there is a real medical reason (like a bad biophysical profile) being "overdue" is not a reason to induce. Now, if you were 3 weeks overdue, that's one thing, but docs are wanting to induce at just a few days after 40 weeks, and that is not supported by evidence. After 42 weeks is when the risks increase.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:19 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• The baby will come when it's time. Give your nipples a break and relax.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Jun. 20, 2009