Moms that are breastfeeding i need ur help?

My daughter is 5 months old and she has never sucked a bottle, i pump but she refuses to take it in a bottle. What can i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried different types of nipples for the bottles? Some babies prefer certain shapes, the one that I found that most closely matched that of a real nipple was on the playtex bag bottles (if you know what I am talking about) Just keep trying different ones till you find one that works. Also have you tried a sippy cup yet? My son was only a month older when I started giving him a sippy.
    Any way, hope this helps you.
    logansmommy711

Answer by logansmommy711 at 12:21 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Why does the baby need to take a bottle? Are you returning to work? There is a reason that you HAVE to be away from the baby you can use other feedign methods. A dropper will work, or a cup or spoon. If you don't have to give a bottle because you have to be separated, then the answer is simple... don't bother with the bottle :p
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:25 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• there are certain bottles that are designed to be just like nipples try it out....it's called BREASTFLOW....hope it works good luck
    salviniata23

Answer by salviniata23 at 12:25 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Had that problem with my son years ago. I ended up starting him on baby food earlier and just kept nursing him. But you'll have to just keep working with her until you can come up with the best plan for you. Good luck
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 12:31 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Yeah I had this problem with my daughter too and she still never took a bottle till she was 8 mos old. I used or better yet, my hubby used droppers and sippy cups with her to give me some much needed time away from the house and my child. I understand how hard and fustrating this can be. Just try to stay positive and try some of the methods above. I hope it works out for you and your sanity.
    LilMzMa

Answer by LilMzMa at 12:42 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I wish I had an answer for you but mine never took a bottle. I had to leave work to go nurse her at daycare. When she was nine or months she used a sippy cup well enough that I didn't have to go in to nurse her anymore.
    Some tricks people use are:
    Try as many different bottles as you can.
    Be out of the house when someone else tries to give her the bottle.
    Make sure the milk is warm (although, maybe try it cold; my DD would only ever drink it cold from her sippy cup).
    Face the baby away from you.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 1:03 AM on Jun. 20, 2009