ok i need help!!!

i went to the doc. today they did my frist real ultrasound witch was my 20 week one!!well the doctor told me my due date was 11-7-2000 then today she told me by the mesurements i'm 17weeks and 3 days is this bad dose it mean some things wrong and there not tell me!!it's my frist i'm kinda scared!has this happened to anybody else????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's really common to have your dates wrong, first of all. Second of all, all babies grow differently. They are talking about averages here, and some babies are just smaller. Thirdly, ultrasound is HORRIBLE at estimating the size of a baby. I think you're probably fine :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:28 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Everyone's cycle is different. You may not be as far along as you think, and the doctor thinks you are. That is more common than you think. For now don't get too freaked out. I would definately ask the doc to schedule another ultrasound in about 8 weeks to check the growth. If at that time the baby has grown "8 weeks" in 8 weeks, you know your due date was off. But if the baby hasn't grown close to "8 weeks" in 8 weeks....then you may want to have more tests done at that time.
    mamatware

Answer by mamatware at 12:28 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• ***2009
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• you could have just had ur dates of ur period wrong because thats what they go off of until they measure you...if its reasonable
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 12:54 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about it, it's just like normal growing children, they all grow at different rates. Unless the doctor says something of concern you and baby are fine!
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2009