Do you pratice natural family planning? Aren't you violating the spirit of the no BC rule?

For those who's religion does not allow BC. Aren't you using a loophole, a technicality. God's not stupid, he knows what your doing. Wouldn't safer methods be more honest? At least to yourself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have a personal aversion to BC because of medical complications, fertility issues, and it has started to be a moral issue for me. HOWEVER I feel it is a personal conviction when it comes to BC.
    as to the natural family planning, I do not believe it is violating the spirit of no bc. the Bible lays out( in old levitical law though) certain time frames that women are not to have sex. also, a story alot of people use(God kills the dude for pulling out) is out of context. The guy was disobeying a pretty major law at the time, and God was punishing him. Anyways, I feel that people who use NFP because of religious beliefs and aversion to BC use abstinance as opposed to condoms and other forms of BC. they are not breaking any "religous laws" by doing so as long as both partners agree to abstain from sex.
    personally, my hubby and I will be using condoms, just not hormonal bc. ..CONT
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 12:39 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I have a PERSONAL conviction about some of the forms that keep a fertalized egg from implanting. however, all condoms do is block most of the swimmers from getting to the egg. if something happens and we get pregnant we are very ok with it.
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 12:41 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• we had 4 kids so we already multiplied,lol
    my husband had a vysectomy after our last.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I use to use it but...I had 2 m/c and I refuse to use BC again.....I also don't really like "the whole according to my religion I can't use BC" Don't get me wrong...I am a religous person...But I also believe that if you cannot afford a child or do not have a stable life..then you should consider it...But I also believe if a child is meant to be the one way or another GOD will make it happen....We use other forms of preventitive but BC is not one of them.. I love my little girl and can't believe I ever tried to avoid motherhood...just my personal opinion...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• get to know your body and the way it feels a certain times and you will know when you are ovulating. It is key to let your husband know as well so he doesn't try to slip in early in the morning. we try to use a condom during the fertile time and sometimes he throws it off and says he can't stand the confinement and we agree to leave it up to God.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• If God wants you to have a baby he will let it happen no matter what. I live in a town of 600, 2 years ago 2 women who were tied and husbands were sniped....became pregnant! What are the odds in a town so small? lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• To be honest with you, I don't think there is anything unnatural or ungodly about knowing your body and when you are or aren't the most fertile. It certainly cannot be compared to introducing added hormones to your system in order to control natural processes that would prevent pregnancy. They're just two different things. That being said, I have no problem with birth control and neither does my branch of my religion.

I do understand the OP's point though. I have good friends who ARE of a branch of Christianity where BC is against the rules. She took BC for a while and he just got a vasectomy. It always made me wonder...why be a part of a religion when you aren't going to follow the rules? What a waste of time IMHO.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:00 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Seems to me NFP would be the safest method considering it uses no drugs, or barrier objects you could be allergic to, or react badly to.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:59 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Does NFP break the spirit of the no BC rule? Yes. I believe it does. It says "I know I'm fertile so I am not going to give Yah the opportunity to create life in me." Can Yah overrule? Yes, but He rarely forces anything on His children. He gives new life as a gift - gives it, not forces you to accept it. We practice no birth control. We leave giving life to sperm and eggs up to the Creator. We just enjoy one another and what when Yah wants to bless us, He does. Do I know how to do NFP? Yes. And I do watch my body for health reasons, but we never try or try not to do it at the "right" time. It's fun to see on a chart what's going on inside you, but you don't have to run from your Dh when your body is wanting him the most. Just because you have sex at your "most fertile" time doesn't mean you will become pregnant. Yah is still the Creator and He does open and close the womb.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 4:17 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I don't think so. Withdrawl does not terminate a fertilized egg in early stages. IUD, BC pills (some, not all) may actually terminate the egg after fertillized, this goes agaisnt what Christians believe. In Genesis when God said be fruitiful and multiply, there was never a better time to do so as back then. I think the closest the Bible comes to condeming withdrawl is when God put Onan to death, but his motivations for using it were selfish, he used Tamar for himself, but did not perform his legal duty to produce an heir b/c he did not wnat to split his inheritance with an an heir from his deceased brother. He refused to follow instructions. I believe God would have left clear instructions if we should not withdrawl, children are a blessing, but certainly economics, health, and possible a few other unselfish things play a clear role in today's times.
    Anonymous