My 1 year old daughter...hasn't sleept that much in the past 3 days.

She usually takes 2 naps during the day 1 around 10am another around 2:30-3pm then goes to bed around 7:30pm sometimes earlier if she's real tired...but the past couple days she'll only take one nap in the AM then go to bed at 6:30pm then wakes up off and on through the night.. crying a lot and when i lay her down to change her diaper she gets really mad..What do you think could be wrong?? you think she cud be having bad dreams every night, or could she be sick??

Please help if you can...because she has never done this and it's kinda making me worried! THANKS!

nicole0709442

Asked by nicole0709442 at 12:43 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• She may be in the transition period where she will drop a nap.

My son only takes one nap around 1PM. He used to have a schedule similar to your dd.

Also, she may be growing and is sore. That could make it difficult to sleep. Infant Tylenol will help.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:45 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• It sounds like she might be having problems with the new schedule. My DD went through the same thing. I kept her up til 11 am then she would sleep 2-3 hrs then go to bed at 7. She also might be teething. But an illness could very well be the problem too. You know your child best so just go with your first instinct.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 12:49 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Just when you think you have the little bugger's schedule figured out . . . WHAM!!!! They change it up on you. My daughter started to only take one nap a day when she was about 13 months old. She had a schedule just like your LO before that. She switched to one nap a day in the early afternoon, and started going to bed at 8:00 p.m and sleeping for twelve hours. She is 18 months and it is changing again!

I always keep books near the changing table. She can "read" while I change her diaper . Also instead of the whole wam bam thank you ma'am, I ask her to hold her legs up and "help" mommy. She became less wiggly when I gave her something to do.

Every baby is different. Just try to be flexible, and role with the new schedule she is setting. It will make it a lot easier on both of you.

2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:56 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• she is probably going through a developmental change. just try to relax. lay down with her and have some snuggle time (the day will quickly come when she will pretend that she doesn't know you, so enjoy this).

Answer by rkoloms at 4:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2009