What would you have done??

We just got back Chuck E Cheeses and there was this little girl maybe 2 at the most following us around the whole time. I kept looking around for her Parents but didn't see anyone close by watching her. She was probably with us for about 40 min+. Well we put our little ones on the carousal and she lifted her arms for my Husband to put her on. He looked at me and said "should we", I said I guess? So I picked her up and put her on. Her Father came up and said "how'd she get up there"? I told him that she wanted on and we didn't see anyone around and we supervised and stayed close so she wouldn't get hurt. Well the Mom finally came over and said the same thing. She looked at me with the rudest face and said "how dare you pick up my child and put her on something you had no business putting her on"!. I looked at my Husband in amazement and could not believe her. CONT....

mommymine3

Asked by mommymine3 at 1:04 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• I said I didn't mean any harm and maybe you should watch your child closer. I wanted to give her an ear full but my kids were there. Was I wrong for picking her up??? What would you have done? And would you be mad if it was your child? I felt bad for her.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 1:06 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• i would of FLIPPPPEDDDD on them!! "uhhhh watch your kid you irresponsible jerkoffs!!"
    xohcannizzo

Answer by xohcannizzo at 1:06 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I would have done the same thing! If they would have been doing their job as parents, they would have known where she was and how she got up there!
    Jace1028

Answer by Jace1028 at 1:07 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• i would have put her on the carousel if i didn't see an adult who was watching her, and obviously they weren't if it took them that long to realize she was on it. i would have made sure she got off of it ok just like you guys were doing. as far as the mother, i would have said something along the lines of well if you'd have been with her she wouldn't have felt the need to ask a stranger to let her ride something and to pick her up. at least i'm not a pedophile or a kidnapper and just walked out the door with her. as far as being mad if it was my child, wouldn't be in the situation in the first place, if i take my daughter somewhere someone is always watching her, even if we aren't right next to her we are watching and i would have been close enough to see her ask someone else for help, then i would have gone up and put her on it myself. so i wouldn't stress it she was a bi*** and should have been happy you were watching CONT
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:10 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• her daughter and willing to take the responsibility of watching her and making sure she was safe. i also have to say i would have put her on the ride then sent my husband to find someone who worked there to resume responsibility of her and find her parents.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:11 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• It would of been different if they would of run up saying " OH there you are honey we've been looking all over for you. " Yes I would of done the same thing, but I would of added alittle more comment to them about leaving her unsupervised. Don't let it bother the two of youn's, You did what any parent would of really wanted and that was keeping a eye on her.
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 1:12 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I probably would have picked her up and put her on.

And if it had been my child, i would have been grateful that other parents were watching out for my kids! Seriously, it's not like you took her to the bathroom, or tried to walk out with her.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 1:12 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• i would of told the girl that she needs to find mommy or daddy and ask them. however im glad you said to them what you did, they need to know they cant get away with letting their 2yr old walk around by herself..especially at a busy kids place like chuck e cheese. if it was my child..i wouldnt be mad..i wouldve felt a lil hesitation i guess..i know one time i was at the park with my daughter, and she was playing near the swings with a friend she had just met there..and the other lil girls dad came over and picked up his kid and put her on the swing, and then turned right to my daughter and picked her up as well...now i know it was a nice gesture..but i was RIGHT there, and it just made me feel uncomfortable, like get your hands off my daughter..i didnt say anything to him, i just smiled..but still..he shoulda at least said heyy is it ok, or can i help your daughter out too? something!!!! but to be rude?? no!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:15 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I agree with alexis I would have said, " I am sorry honey, but you need to go get your mommy and daddy if you want to ride."

I think if that mother would have done that to me I would have said, " Good thing your daughter's hand was stamped or someone could have just taken her and done much worse than place her on a carousel." That would have shut her up.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:19 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• That's a tough call.

She was following you guys around for so long, you got used to her and felt a bit protective, maybe? So I can see how you would feel okay with "watching her until someone comes to get her".

But at the same time, if I saw a little one like that (my own is two)following me around without a parent nearby, I'd talk to an employee about making a call over the loudspeaker!

Anyway, you are a nice person to care for their poor little girl. Some people just don't seem to care! They got huffy with you because you inadvertently showed them what negligent parents they were.

My husband was just telling me tonight he saw a little one bicycling after his older brother in rush hour traffic. He looked to be around three. His brother saw a gap in the traffic and made it through. His little bro followed blindly. Thank goodness people were paying attention and didn't accidentally hit the little guy.

Some people!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:19 AM on Jun. 20, 2009