can having sex cause a miscarriage or do any damage while pregnant?

im in my first trimester and me and my fiance had sex, it wasn't real rough but wasn't really easy either, but i started crampin afterwards and still am after like 4 or 5 hours.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• cramping is not normal maybe you should not have sex for a while.BEDREST AND CABLE TV!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I've heard it can lead to miscarriage but I'm not a hundred % sure on that. Could just be a myth. I"M NOT TRYING TO SCARE YOU! I was affraid that may have been the cause of mine, I already had a high sex drive but my pregnancy boosted that big time. I agree with Anon Sit back and relax! If it continues PLEASE go to the ER
    Soon2Be8489

Answer by Soon2Be8489 at 1:54 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• call the hospital labor and delivery nurse and talk to her about it but you should be fine

Answer by admckenzie at 2:28 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Cramping is normal after sex during pregnancy. Bleeding isn't. As long as you aren't bleeding or leaking amniotic fluid you are ok. The more my ligaments stretch during early to mid pregnancy, the worse my cramps are after sex. Sometimes there are super sharp pains in my sides or the front of my tummy by my belly button. All of that is normal. It just goes with the changes of pg.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 3:01 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Maybe just go a little easy until you're further along.
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 3:14 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• My OB told us that sex dring pregnancy was fine as long as I was comfortable. My son was late and I was also told that intercouse would help induce labor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:04 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• It is not a myth. If you have sex during the first trimester it CAN cause you to miscarry. As stated before cramping is somewhat normal bleeding is not. Of course not all women who have sex will miscarry, but the potential is always there. Get checked out especially if you are still cramping.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:11 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Many websites such as www.kidshealth.org have articles about sex during pregnancy, dispite what the poster above me is saying sex during ANY triemester is considered safe if you are low-risk! Meaning if you've had miscarriages in the past or pre-term labor it may not be a good idea! But in most women YES, SEX IS FINE!

When I was earlier in my current pregnancy there were a few times I felt painful contractions of my uterus after orgasm, but it only lasted a minute or two. The reality is pregnant or not ALL our uteruses contract when we orgasm, in pregnancy your uterus is thinning and growing so you can feel the contractions more heavily, even painfully at times, especially early on when your body isn't used to the extra hormones and the growth. That pain lasted about a month for me, I've had sex and had solo sex with my vibrator without any painful contractions!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:28 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• this is just based on my experience only. i know the drs tell me that sex cannot cause miscarriage, but i believe otherwise. i have just had back to back miscarriages and both symptoms came immediately after having sex. after running all tests on me and the tissue from the fetus, there was no known reason for me to lose these pregnancies(hormones, blood clotting, genetic defect, attatchment). i am convinced now more than ever that it was the sex and would not risk it again in the first trimester if you have already had one miscarriage. good luck and go with your own instincts
    longonevs

Answer by longonevs at 9:49 AM on Jun. 20, 2009