???In-Laws???

My bf's mom doesn't really like me but the problem is that she hasn't taken the time to get to know me. She thinks cause her son has a college degree that im nt the ONE she WANTS for him(basically). I now has his child and she still isnt trying to bond with me. We don't live together yet but, when he is with me and if she calls he tells her he is busy and can't come at the time but she convinces him and out the door he goes. I don't want to come inbetween him and his mother but, i want her to understand that i am now a mother and her son is the father i waant her to respect that. What should i do. tell her or him? Why are mothers like that and will we be the same way.

M3Lmom09

Asked by M3Lmom09 at 1:53 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• I would tell him first so he could try to talk to her about it without any problems, but if he don't do anything i would jus tell her myself but be real nice about it. i live with my fiance and his mother and sometimes she acts like she likes me and sometimes she dont...usually i get him to translate whatever i want to tell her so i dont cause any problems, but sometimes he wont do it so i have to do it myself. but i hope yall work things out bc guys and theyre mothers relationship are usually before anyone else's. good luck!!
    EheartsZ07

Answer by EheartsZ07 at 2:01 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• i had da same problem sorta i told my hubby that im am his family now not his mom the bible says he should seperate from his mother and father. i prayed a lot and God helped me cuz i couldnt of done it myself.. good blessings
    Hyde3

Answer by Hyde3 at 2:38 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• If he cant seperate from his mother, he has issues..If he cant stick up for the mother of his child, red flag for ur relationship. And is he trying to live with u? why dont u live together?
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Well the reason we don't live together now is because of hurricane ike out here in houston, it damaged his house really bad where the whole first floor had to be gutted because of mold.

I don't think he doesntt want to be with me cuz we are engaged and when i got pregnant he asked me to moving in. My problem with him is that when he isn't at work me and maliah barely have time with because he always has something to doing with someone else meaning(his mom etc.)
    Believe me i tell him about it, that his child especially is supposed to be number 1. It's him who doesnt know who to tell them. I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.
    M3Lmom09

Answer by M3Lmom09 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2009