Not sleepy...What would you do?

me and my hubby have a problem. i dont work im just a housewife. my hubby is manger of the apartments he can work at whatever time. the problem is im not sleepy and he always wants me to go to sleep when he wants to. i like to watch tv but he wants it off and it gets me mad cuz he goes to sleep and im still awake. what would you do im tired of arguing.. he dont understand me

Hyde3

Asked by Hyde3 at 2:33 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd try to see things from his perspective and do what makes him most satisfied with me. Otherwise I could continue arguing. I am a night person and Dh is up with the roosters, but we solved this problem by me lying down with him for a while at night while he goes to sleep. He likes to have his back rubbed and hair played with while drifting off to sleep. I like to do those things for him and let him know he is special to me. So I join him while he drifts to sleep. Then I get up and do whatever I want until I'm sleepy. The tradeoff is that I am sometimes woken up at 4 or 5am when he wants to talk. This way we both are getting what we want and neither feels neglected. I'm pretty big on being submitted to his wishes, especially when it is so easy and makes us both more happy in the long run!
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 2:49 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• My hubby and I have this problem but it is backward yours! He likes the tv on and I want to sleep. So I rub and kiss his back until he falls alseep. It makes it much easier on both of us and I do enjoy "loving him" like that. Shows my appreciation and the next day is much smoother. He LOVES his back rubbed and puts him to sleep in seconds. Try one thing that you like or he likes and maybe switch on and off? Some nights I just want to be held closer than normal and relax knowing I'm safe... so he holds me and lets me sleep.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:16 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• if it was me, I would get myself a booklight and start reading a "classic" or a good book. I love to read, and my SO will only read what he has to...
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 4:36 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Lay in bed until he falls asleep and get up and watch your tv. And by the way a housewife is a job!!
    hcashe216

Answer by hcashe216 at 6:38 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I've had this problem- that I wasn't sleepy but was too tired to read, and my husband was trying to sleep- and I would turn off the light and put the TV on closed captioning. I could watch the program and then gradually drift off to sleep. If it is that you need less sleep than he does, then maybe you could lie there while he falls asleep and then turn your light on and read (or watch TV close-captioned.) If it is that you get up later than he does and so don't feel like going to bed as early as he does, then perhaps you could get up when he does so you are sleepy sooner.

Answer by Bmat at 9:30 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• just read the first sentence and got offended!!!! HOUSEWIFE IS A JOB!! A HARD JOB! so hunny you do work!!!!
    Perdy

Answer by Perdy at 2:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• He needs to realize your body clock is different than his -- it is unfair and unrealistic for him to expect you to sleep just cause he is tired and wants to sleep. I would talk to him and work out a compromise- maybe go and snuggle with him and then when he is asleep you can get up and watch tv. If the tv is in the bedroom and it bothers him- what about watching it somewhere else (if there is another tv in the house)? My son is bothered by light, he wears one of those eye masks to bed. That helps him- maybe it would work for your husband?
    I am a night owl, my hubs is an early riser. He has no problem with me staying up and watching tv or reading in the livingroom, I keep the volume low and it does not bother him.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2009