Can drinking too much Kool Aid gice your the runs?

So im trying to give up pop, and I cut down to 2 today and drank ool aid instead. I know water would be better, but water here sucks. So anyway, i drank no even 2 quarts and all of the sudden my stomach is upset, and i have bright green diarea (it was grape kool aid).. My son DS was the same color, but he didnt have the runs...he didnt drink a lot though. But there weird thing is i usually have really hard stools, so im curious. Do you think it was the kool aid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Health

• Drinking too much water/liquids will cause diarrhea. Your kidneys can only process so much liquid, the excess continues through your small then large intestines. Whatever the large intestine cannot absorb is eliminated.

Have you tried flavored bottled water? I LOVE the Aquafina grape, raspberry, mixed berry and peach flavored ones! OR, try adding lemons or limes to a pitcher of ice water.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:17 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Could have been I suppose. The dyes may have an effect. I know there is no juice in KoolAid so that isn't the case. Did you sweeten it with sugar or an artificial sweetener? I know with a lot of those artificial sweeteners, people will often suffer diarrhea.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:52 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• It was the kind that comes in the jar that you dont add anything but water. hust fill to the line and mix
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• That stuff is pretty toxic. Try adding slices of fruit or vegetable to your water. For your kids, you can make ice cubes with frozen blueberry eyeballs.
    You have to drink a lot of water to get sick. You should be drinking 8 8oz glasses a day.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:56 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• The water and sugar combination is the problem..
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 8:09 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• It's all the sugar in it that will give you diarhea. Also anything that is artificially colored purple, will give you green poop.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:30 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• You might as well drink the pop....both pop and kool aid have WAY too much sugar. This can lead to diarrhea but also weight gain and diabetes. it's empty calories. If your son must have kool-aid get the sugar free kind or try Crystal Light.

Find ways to make water more tasty for you, I put about two capfuls of lemon juice in my glasses of water....not only does it give it a taste I love but it adds extra vitamin c to my diet without calories and sugar!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:06 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Take the money you spend on kool aid and buy bottled water if the water sucks..... besides caffiene ther is not a huge difference in koolaid vs. pop. They are both bad for you.
    VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 9:08 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• id say either buy bottled water, buy a water filter for the faucet or a filtered pitcher, or brew a bunch of your favorite tea bags (i use peppermint and ginger tea which actually helps with digestive issues), mix the brewed tea with ice and honey and refridgerate for a refreshing and healthy alternative to fake beverages like pop and kool aid.
    emilsmama

Answer by emilsmama at 9:47 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I would say yest to that since Kool Aid has a lot of sugar. Sugar is what I use to keep me regular.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 10:28 AM on Jun. 20, 2009