Help Me Please....

It is now about 4 am here in Orlando, and I can't get off this stupid computer....I think I may need counseling!

rune2319

Asked by rune2319 at 4:00 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• im on too...i just cant sleep. i find myself sucked in too sometimes tho! You're not alone! it 3 here in iowa
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 4:07 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I'm just too tired to stop lol!
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 4:30 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I'm on too, but it's only midnight here... I get sucked in EASILY!!!! but at least we're all stuck together! LOL
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:33 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• and I'm in Alaska
    07lilmama1108

• I know what you mean! I say the same thing in my mind all the time. I used to not understand drug addiction but now I do. My poor preschooler has spent his last year before kindergarten playing vids or watching TV because I am always at the computer trying to escape. And now it's 1:30 AM. I used to do the 3 or 4AMs but I am in my forties now so I can't stay up that late anymore. Are you a SAHM? I am, and the computer is my way of escaping and feeling like I am at least getting something done rather than the constant blue-collar work I have to do everyday.

Any therapist would probably tell us to just check the computer twice per day. Not easy when it just sits there and I also have a Blackberry. Actually, for emailing, my husband says he checks his Blackberry before bed rather than the computer before bed. It is too difficult to respond with long emails via Blackberry. We should schedule more outings so we have to get out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:36 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• 07lilmama1108, No Way! I was born and raised in Wa State! I miss it SO MUCH...
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 5:04 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Anon, I know how you feel! My SO is the worst though, he tunes out everything cept what hes is looking at or typing on the puter! Blinders on...
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 5:07 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I always find it so funny when there are :night time" posts and women talking about how tired they are. Im in Italy so its only 2 in the afternoon. When women in the states are just getting off to go to bed, im just getting on lol. Cant wait to go back to the states lol
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:57 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• It is probably not a problem unless other parts of life are being neglected- such as tasks that we should be doing or places we should be or people we should be dealing with. It is also a problem if we think it is a problem. I know that I spend a lot of time on the computer, but I am up and down the whole time taking care of my chores, and I also use the computer to do research for my job and to look for answers to questions that occur to me and also to interact with others. When I start feeling that my quality of life is lessened because of so much time on the computer, then I hope I'd be able to walk away.

Answer by Bmat at 8:37 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• ok, I'll be right over to pull the plug!

Actually, if you really think it is a problem, there's a progam out there that moniters your time, and when you've reached the allotted time, the program shuts the computer down.
    Kauna

Answer by Kauna at 9:51 AM on Jun. 20, 2009