7-day cleanse

I have thought about doing the 7-day cleanse. Is it a good idea? Will I be on the toilet for 7 days? If any one has tried it please give me some input.

hcashe216

Asked by hcashe216 at 6:26 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Health

• Why not just convert to a clean diet for you and your family? Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, water. I will be happy to share (tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly) recipes, just contact me!
    Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 7:54 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I've heard that other than losing some valueable water weight you don't really cleanse any toxins out of your body and they are just a waste of a looooong week. You are safer by just starting a healtheir diet!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:50 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Healthy diets and exercise are great, but do jump start this by drinking plenty of water, tea(green or red) and maybe a one-day cleanser or niacin vitamins (be careful use 1 pill every 3 days or more). I did this when i needed to flush pot out of my system for a drug test and I failed the drug test (cant see how) but i lost 10 lbs that week!
    Anonymous

• I did them oncec a year under doctor's orders before having kids and felt soo much better afterwards. The first 1-2 days you will feel very hungry and have fairly normal bowels, but day 3-5 you will stop feeling hungry and will spend the majority of the time on the toilet and be prepared to see some nasty stuff in there especially your first time. The last couple days are not bad at all, but wean yourself from caffeine and sugar the week before and slowly add solid foods back into your diet. i did a juice fast for 7 days, not sure if the 7-day cleanse is a name brand of somthing or not. I simply took in only liquids for 7 days. Freshly squeezed juice and broth only.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2009