after a miscarrige people say ur more firtile does that mean u ovulate more then once? me and my partner had a MC on the 9th of this month i was only 4 weeks we are TTC

will it affect the baby if we fall pg straight after the mc? my period is due 6 july.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Getting pregnant right after one miscarriage isn't wise because you're body hasn't recovered. It'll be more likely to miscarry again.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 8:31 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I would wait at least one full cycle. Your period may not return to normal and on time right away, you could test and get a positive and think you are pregnant when in fact the HPT is picking up the left over HcG from the miscarriage. Let your body heal and return to normal before trying again right away!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:29 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• It depends on how far along you were. I got pregnant right after having a miscarriage and now I have a happy, healthy baby boy. But I was only 5 weeks along when I miscarried. Both times that I miscarried the doctors told me it was ok to try again when I was ready. The reason some say to wait is so they have a period to date the pregnancy off of so they don't have to send you for an ultrasound and guess how far along you are.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:40 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I don't recommend trying right away, give your body time to heal. I think the cases where the consider you more fertile after would be following a D&C which is what I had done and that's because it basically flushes you entire system out but if that was your case (which I wouldn't think since you were only 4 weeks along) then you should be good to go. In your case why they would recommend you would wait would be what purple ducky said, that way they would have a LMP to base you due date on.
    Soon2Be8489

Answer by Soon2Be8489 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• after I MC my dr. had us wait 1 cycle and then we got preg. right away
    sawyersmom2007

Answer by sawyersmom2007 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• No you do NOT ovulate more than once. Who are the "people" that say this? I am thinking that it is similar to after you give birth.. You seem more fertile because you don't really know when you are ovulating etc ( because of pregnancy). It is recommeded to wait 2-3 cycles after m/c to start trying again.. For the record... Last year I had a Miscarriage in Feb. and was pregnant again in June and now have a healthy 3 month old...
    Anonymous