Trying to figure this out and i need help!!!

I was in L&D a few nights ago for contractions (im only 25 weeks along) and they gave me a muscle relaxer and sent me home since they werent in a normal pattern, although they were occuring every 7-10 minutes...but they said to come back if i was doubled over in pain...but this is whats going on...i have a followup on monday afternoon with my doctor, but just wanna make sure its nothing bad until then! I have been having menstrual like cramps since then-almost 70 percent of the day...my discharge is still the same though. I have the same contractions...and now to add to it all, i have this feeling in my abdomen like someone is stabbing my insides with a knife...is this RLP or something else? it doesnt happen when i suddenly move, i could just be laying there, and BAM it hurts! I know they can give me a more accurate answer, but just wondering if anyone else experienced the same things?! I will make her check my cervix monday!

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 8:25 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it could be ur round ligament ... that hurts like hell and feels alot like labor pains at time....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Oh girl I know its really scary and confusing. I started to have similar pains a couple of months before my due date and I found out 5 weeks before giving birth that I was 2cm dilated and contracting and there was nothing they could do! I had my daughter 2 weeks before her due date but I had pains every day almost all day. They just kept sending me home form the hospital. The only advice I can give you is to listen to your gut feeleing, if you feel there's something going on the get it checked asap. Hope all goes well!!!!!
    SabrahMyLove

Answer by SabrahMyLove at 8:40 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• My friend was having pains like that went to the er twice in two days. Really bad pain for hours on end and then it would get better and then start again...Turned out it was from her having sex. LOL! She had sex and then a few hours later the pain stated. After feeling better and the er telling her everything was okay they went home and that night had sex again...same thing happened. she was terrified! She is now been told no sex period til 6 weeks after the baby comes!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:32 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• It could also be Kidney Stones. My DIL just went through this. She was doubled over in pain - assuming she was losing the baby. It took them 2 days in the Hosp. to figure it out. Make sure that you stay hydrated!!!!
    Nanna22

Answer by Nanna22 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 20, 2009