Tenderness in stomach?

I have had a fever for a few days now.. Sore throat along with it, and lots of dizziness. Now I am experiancing what feels like tender lymph nodes in my stomach area. It started on the left, and now is on both sides. They are located a few incheds above my ovaries.. The tenderness is terrible. I cant pick up my son without his foot brushing against it and causing pain.. I am wondering if this could be due to the virus I have... Or if there could be another reason.. Wondering if any other moms have ever experianced anything similar? Or have any idea why I am having this? Thanks in advance!

MamaMulder

Asked by MamaMulder at 8:51 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Health

• Except for the tenderness, it sounds like an ear or sinus infection. The tenderness sounds more like muscle pulls, although from your description it came along with the other symptoms. It could be intestinal discomfort, but you think you'd have other intestinal symptoms by now. And viruses do strange things to the tummy, sometimes. So there are a non-medical person's thoughts. Since you don't know what the problem is, it would be best if you went to a doctor. I'd even say go today- to an urgent care center if necessary, to make sure what is going on- so you don't have to worry anymore and so if it is something that needs to be treated then it will be. I don't like the dizziness symptom either- could be virus, but could be ear or sinus. Please get back with us and let us know the outcome?

Answer by Bmat at 9:17 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• You could have mono - it could be your spleen. It couls also be your appendix. Call your doctor; you may need to be seen soon

Answer by rkoloms at 2:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2009