Have you ever skipped a period?

Ok, so I am starting to worry. My LMP was May 15th & I am typically on a 21 day cycle. I have yet to get my period and have taken MANY pregnancy tests, all resulting in a BFN. If I would have conceived, it would have been on May 24th. So a positive surely should have shown up by now. I have been feeling pretty nauseous and tired lately, same as I was when I was pregnant with my daughter. Only this time, I am not pregnant. I have also had a headache every now and then. I had super lightspotting a week and a half or so ago (only once) and nothing since then.I have been researching on line and of course have diagnosed myself with everything from PCOS to a brain tumor. I called my doctor last week and they said to give it another week and a half and call back if I still don't have it - I am just going nuts in the process.

So my question is, have you every skipped a period? If so, what was the outcome? I am driving my hubby NUTS

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Health

• I think you being nuts over it is what's causing you to skip it.

I skip all the time, I seem to be really sensitive to stress in that way.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 9:02 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I agree with Cherrie522, your worrying is causing you to stress and when women stress they skip periods. Also, if you have recently gained or lost a lot of weight, you could skip a period and sometimes, you skip a period for no reason. I am on Yaz BC pills and skip a period a couple times a year. No big deal. Try not to let it bother you or try to lower your stress level and it should be fine. If you skip another month consecutively, then contact your doctor, but one skipped period is not a big deal.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2009