Question about C-section scar and the area around it.

I had my youngest by c-section almost 6 yrs ago. The ends of the scar are still red, and there's spots on both sides in the crease where the leg meets the pubic area that are red, where the bandage was ripped off after that are still red. They feel kind of dry, almost scaly. I discovered a few yrs later that I am allergic to latex, and I am wondering if the way this looks is due to the latex allergy, or if other women have this problem? My dr keeps telling me that I need to lose weight, but this doesn't strike me as being weight related. He won't do more than that, and I don't know if this is something I should seek a 2nd opinion on or if it's normal.

tropicalmama

Asked by tropicalmama at 8:58 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Health

• I had two c-sections, one 19 years ago and the other 9 years ago. My scars healed up with in the first year. I'd find another doctor.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 9:02 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Maybe see a dermatologist.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 9:04 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• My scar is pretty invisable now. My youngest is 3. My first scar however (he is 8) looked a little more rough. the top layer overlapped the bottom in one section like when they sewed it together they took a thicker section of skin and underlaying tissue in that one part and it made it funny looking and thick in that one area. But when i have my 2nd they cut in the same place and it corrected that. Now it hardly noticable. But it does still itch occasionaly and is numb, that is from the nerves being cut and that is normal. I don't know about the redness and scaley skin. If it was a laytex allergy, 6 years from exposure should be pleanty of time for it to heal. Most likely if it's not bothersome there is not much they can do. Try some Eucerin lotion for the dry skin maybe. They have a advanced formula kind that is really thick that works well on scaly, dry patches.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I had my c-section 5 years ago. It was healed within a few weeks and looks very pale, almost invisible now, i'd have it looked at by a doctor!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:08 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Thank you ladies for all your advice! I saw another dr, he had me put hydrocortizone cream on it and it cleared it right up. He said it seems like it's just really dry skin and it's just a coincidence that it happened at the same time as my c-section. I appreciate all your answers.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:41 AM on Jun. 23, 2009