How should you respond when somepne says they feel sorry for your family because you're not Christian?

Kinda pisses me off that someone would bring my infant daughter into the equation.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 9:14 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Tell them you feel sorry for their family for having to live with such a close minded rude individual.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Thank them for sharing their concern and feeling with you. Say it with a nod and a sober smile. If they persist, then put your hand up in a back-off gesture and say that while you appreciate their concern you are not willing to discuss it further. Firm, and gracious.

Answer by Bmat at 9:19 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Laugh and say I'm sorry you're not _______________. You fill in the blank with your own choice of faith.
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 9:20 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I like what Bmat said.

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:24 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• i just smile and walk away (i get that ALOT)
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 9:26 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• You mean besides laugh?? Honestly it makes me feel for them. They are doing such damage to themselves and their family by spreading all that hate and intolerance. If only closed minds and closed mouths came together we would have a much happier world... And I usually tell them that!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:31 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Frankly I find it hard to empathize with anyone who is that malicious. I can be polite with someone coming from a place of concern but comments like that show they are trying to be hurtful. I usually laugh at feeble attempts at insults like that & tell them that it is because their tiny little minds can't understand what a good thing that it is for us.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I like what Cherrie522 said.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:45 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• She asked me what drugs I was taking as well. This was on one of my journals.

I just don't understand why someone has to be so rude when responding, you know? Is it THAT hard to say "I do not agree with you."?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:45 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Some people can't feel good unless they are trying to bring someone else down. It's pretty sad.
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 10:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2009