Where to hold baby's first birthday party?

We've always held my daughter's birthday parties at our home outside. We have a large close family, and about 35-50 people attend each year. My daughter's birthday is in mid June, and it is very very hot. My son is turning one in mid July. I would like to hold his party some place free or cheap but am thinking about having it someplace other than our home as that's too many people in our house, and it's going to be too hot to be outside for long. (It was 97 degrees here yesterday.) Any good ideas of places to hold baby's first birthday party? Mostly adults will be in attendance. Thanks.

Senae

Asked by Senae at 9:31 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You could check into renting a church hall, or a firehouse hall.

Answer by Bmat at 9:34 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Yeah normally the first thing I'd say is to have it in the yard as to not overwhelm your son but 97 is pretty darn hot not only for everyone else but for your little man. Since it's mostly adults I'd look into a hall somewhere that has air conditioning. If there were a lot of kids I would have suggested a bounce house place or Chucky Cheese
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:37 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• We held our daughters first birthday party at the local wildlife park - lots of open space, lots of animals (free range, huge amount of acres, no cages) - and a nice walk for everyone to take.
    It was a hit for the adults and kids.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 9:38 AM on Jun. 20, 2009