How many people have actually gotten hate mail in their inbox?

I've seen lots of anonymous postings on here that say they post anonymous because they don't want to get hate mail. I can't say I blame them for feeling that way if that's why they want to post anonymous. But I've been on this site for three or four months now and I haven't ever gotten anything like that and I never post anonymous. I'm just wondering, how many moms actually receive hate mail from people on here?

ajguinn

Asked by ajguinn at 9:49 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in About CafeMom

• i get more hate mail than kim jong il.
    Anonymous

• I don't believe it. At all.

I'm one of the more "outspoken" members in the answers section. While I *have* gotten bitched at HERE for things I've said, I have never ONCE gotten a nasty message, in my PM box OR chatterbox. I find it hard to believe that sooooooo many other people are getting all these hurtful and hateful messages, yet I never have received one.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:52 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Oh, and I've been on the site for over a year. A whole year of never getting one bad message. Hmm.
    caitxrawks

• I've never gotten any hate mail. Everyone on Cafemom has been pretty nice. But isn't it a rule saying you can't be rude, gotta be respectful?
    Platinum_Mommy

Answer by Platinum_Mommy at 9:53 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Oh, it's a rule, but it isn't followed! I'm like caitxrawks, I speak my mind and I've gotten into some pretty heated arguments in the q&a forum....but I've never gotten anything in my inbox.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:58 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I think it's an excuse. I'm sure some people take it to the PM box, but I refuse to believe that every single person who uses that excuse has been through it. It's too easy to say "OMG PPL SPAM MEEEE", because there's no way to prove them wrong.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:59 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I've gotten a few nasty inbox messages. That's why I post anonymous sometimes. But most of the times, it's over something really petty, immature, & stupid...someone who just want to pick a fight or throw around insults. One person went so far as to check out my profile and read about me in order to try to use something against me. Which, in fact, there was absolutely nothing. I just had my mood set to "today sucked" or something like that. And the person was like, "If your life is so crappy, get off your butt and do something about it!." Like, WTF?! It was ONE BAD DAY, idiot! Some people...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• ive only gotten hate mail ONCE and ive been on this site for about 2 years now, and even i emailed her back explaining some things she had misunderstood and in the end, while we still arn't buddy buddy or anything, we at least were able to have civil conversation.

thats what the ignore button is for though. if you get hate mail, report it and ignore them. i think anonymous is the biggest load of crap ever. it just gives women the confidence to be bitchy to each other. and is the perfect tool for trolls!
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 10:09 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I have strong views and have not gotten any hateful mail to date, and trust me not soliciting for any lol!! But I will not doubt that just b/c it has happened to me doesn't mean it doesn't occur. I have read post and witnessed some women on here follow a user from post to post and some who have made real life calls to police, cps, hospitals, etc. to see what is going on or to check the validity of someones post. If people will go THAT far over an internet messageboard post, I am sure they will not stop at sending someone a nasty message.
    sweetsuthern

Answer by sweetsuthern at 10:17 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I have gotten some one leaving nasty comments in my COMMENT BOX... and only 1 message..B
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:21 AM on Jun. 20, 2009