Does anyone watch Real Time with Bill Muher?

I think we could all learn a thing or two from him and what he said last night after "new riles" was wonderful. Simply stating that the Dems are the new Rep and there should not be two parties anymore and simply that Ralph Nader would have been better as president(which I so agree) and that we need to get a president that will make health care better and cheaper or free, legalize gay marriage and pot(I do not smoke but do think it should be who am I to judge) and to have steep penaltize for poluters. Come one people who could not agree with those?( I know some of you are not for gay marriage or pot but as a whole)

delilahsmom1177

Asked by delilahsmom1177 at 9:54 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I love Bill Maher. I don't agree with everything he says, but I respect him for speaking his mind, no matter who he's talking to or how different their opinions are. If you haven't seen his documentary Religulous, you really should. It's amazing.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:56 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I don't agree with everything either but he is very intelligent. I actually own his movie(well I bought it for my mom) and her my brother and I watched it and than debated about it. It was very well done.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 9:59 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I love Bill Maher, I usually agree with a lot he has to say, except for some of his takes on how women "are"....other than that, he's awesome!
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 10:49 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I don't care for Bill Maher's brand of sarcasm, to be honest. Some of the things that he says just scream "narrow minded asshole". However, to the statements he made in your post...
    - I do not believe in legalizing pot. I know there are a lot of mellow pot smokers out there who don't see any problem with it...but I've seen how bad it can get. If you give an aggressive person pot, they get more aggressive, and I've seen people steal to get it. The only reason our government is even considering legalizing pot is because they can make money from it.
    - And I don't like the 2 party system either. I think during elections, for example, ALL parties running for president should have a chance to debate each other in a public forum...preferably the Presidential Debate that the whole nation watches. That's just for starters.... I'm a very politically-minded woman, so I have a lot of opinions on this topic.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 12:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• OK Brandyj:
    So by your reasoning do you think Alcohol should be illegal? Cause I have seen it do the same as what you said pot does. I personallly have never seen as agressive pot smoker and I don't see a problem with it being legal. Anywho it would be just one more thing the govt will tax.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Love his show, I too believe alot of what his beliefs are. He is a bit too harsh on marriage and his views on medicine are a little extreme for me, but he is funny and always has more than people with just his view.
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I agree with much of it and I enjoy him very much. Makes more sense than vitually all the politicians in Washington - not perhaps a very hard thing to do though !
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:55 AM on Jun. 21, 2009