Miss.Teenmother (I know it all)

anyone ever get sick n tired of teenmothers or even first timers getting all up in your face, trying to make us vetren mothers look stupid?
They ask us questions, so we give them answers, and you'll have a first time mother or a teen mother tell us how wrong or stupid we are.
This site is to give opnions, have fun, make friends so on an so fourth.
But than you get bashed by young people because sorry to say, but we have a LITTLE more experience than they do, and the first timers or teens HAVE TO BE RIGHT!
grrr.makes me a little upset.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes there are some rude young people on here, but there are also very rude older people as well. I've been attacked quite a few times for my questions or opinions and all of their profiles read something along the lines of 40 and proud mamma of 2-3 kids, or they didn't have to balls to show their face and posted anon. Its not fair to be quick to judge that young first time mothers have nothing to share, or not as much knowledge. There are equally as many older mothers on here that have just as little knowledge if not less then what I have to give. Everyone has something they are really good at, and when a question comes up in that topic they try to help, regardless of age. Then there are others that are so insecure in themselves they feel the need to tear everyone else down so they have a sense of accomplishment in life. This too has nothing to do with age.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• At least some of us teenmothers, as you so lovingly put it, can type with correct grammar and spelling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Its not only teen mothers or young mothers that do this, its just about ALL of the mothers on this site.
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 10:04 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• well when i was a first time mom i think i had alot more common sense than some of you "veterans" now that i'm pregnant with my second i feel even more "educated" on how to raise my kids....not all of you wh have a billion kids know what you're talking about that's why you get on here asking stupid common sense questions
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Case in point.

My mother thinks it's okay to give my six month old daughter sips of Icees and Cheerwine.

It is obviously NOT okay to give an INFANT sips of sugary, caffeinated soda. But yet my mom, a 49 year old mother to a 29 year old and a 20 year old, thinks it's okay.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:07 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• my mother once put beer in my 5 week old infants mouth- I don't always think adults no any better, they tend to be more laid back about things because " I have raised ____ kids, and all of you turned out fine"

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 10:11 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I will tell you I sometimes feel like I do know more than say my grandma although she is 72 raised 4 kids and helped raise 10 grandchildren because she is going by what she used to do. She said I should still be feeding my 19 month baby food because it has more stuff even though it's just mashed up food. She said when she was like 4 month old that it was dumb for her to be front facing. She says all kinds of things that are wrong.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 10:17 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• My mother gave my kiddo childrens asprin when he had a cold once. His dry nose turned into a bloody nose. I gues she wasn't up to date on the whole "we don't give kiddos asprin" thing.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:25 AM on Jun. 20, 2009