panic attacks n pregnant

i have one kid he is 2 and i want to have more but just not right now bc i am always havin a panic attack but i wouldnt mind having one now its just bc that. i didnt get them until like a yr ago. so did any1 else have a baby when they would always have panic attacks and what was it like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Health

• I had them when my son was 2 and they were so bad I couldn't leave the house that often. Just sitting in a car at a red light would set them off. never mind grocery shopping or the mall! I started taking Paxil and it helped ALOT. I stayed on that until I could learn to control the attacks. I didn't want to be on meds for a long time so I went out and bought a book about panic attacks and how to deal with them and it helped where I could get off the meds gradually. The book was a huge help(I can't remember the name, it was 6 years ago) and I have been off meds for 4 years. I still get them sometimes but I know how to get through them now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• (add to my question) also i know this may sound stupid but i cant even take a bath bc ill freak out for some reason and i hate being alone scared something might happen and when i go in a store ill feel like im dizzy n like in gunna fall over. anyone else feel like that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I started getting them when I was about 7 months pregnant with my second child. With no immediate triggers, at that! I just had to be a little careful to not do anything that would put me at risk if I were to suddenly have one and become dizzy. Like staying off of ladders and such, which I typically avoid when I'm that front heavy anyway.
    wallylicious

Answer by wallylicious at 12:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• If you already aren't doing so, you should see a counselor that can help you learn how to control the panic attacks. It is possible to do so without medication. I have learned deep breathing and can literally breath my way out of an anxiety/panic attack and even an asthma attack. Seeing these attacks seem to be limited what you can do, talking to someone would really help. I do have Xanax for when the anxiety is too much.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2009