how many baby showers would a person have to throw for them selves for you to say "enough is enough!"

Do you think its rude to have more than one baby shower after your first child is born.
You have had all the same friends and family for years and your on baby number 3 right now... having a baby shower and inviting the same people over and getting MORE things.
would you consider that rude in todays economy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think that you should have a baby shower for each child. The first shower is when you should receive all the big gifts like the stroller, breast pump, car seat, ect... Each shower after that can either be just for fun, or for small gift, onseies, diapers, bottles, promises of free babysitting :) It is moms privilege to feel honored for bringing a new life into the world!
    poobaby1

Answer by poobaby1 at 11:01 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I don't think it's rude, unless the invite demands you bring a gift. Every baby deserves a welcoming party. If it bugs you that much, don't go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Yes and no, I had two, one for each of my babies.

My first one was thrown by my aunts, I had a boy. The second one was thrown by my church, I had a girl.

so it was nice to get girl things. Even though you may have things like a swing or high chair, you do need cloths (especially if its a different gender) diapers, wipes etc.

Maybe the second one should be smaller. But everyone wants to have a party and celebrate the baby coming.

Maybe for the third just request no gifts and have a get together with food, some people will still bring a gift.

It also depends on how close in age they are born...like if they are ages 1 2 and 3, thats too close to have big showers for all, but if you have a 10 year old then you have another one,,,,,then you may need more things.....

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I agree, It depends on the sex of the child, and how far apart the other children are. if a friend or family member of mine had 3 girls and had three huge baby showers and they were all with in a five or 6 year span I may feel a little taken advantage of, but probably would still get something. I had a shower, but I put on the invite NO GIFTS, it was just a BBQ and I did it after my little one was born to do the "showing of the baby" some people brought gifts regardless, others didn't feel obligated too. In this economy I wouldn't expect anyone to help me out, this is the time we all have too look after our own!

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 10:38 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• JMO,Baby #1 get a baby shower..Baby #2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,,just gets gifts..Because you should have all the basic things already..JMO.

Answer by louise2 at 10:41 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• i have 2 kids and only had 1 baby shower n my sister had 2 kids boy n girl n with her girl she got 2 or 3 baby showers
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Jun. 20, 2009