Have you ever been angry after reading a book?

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 10:41 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Entertainment

• Sometimes I get so angry because the ending is stupid. I mean I just spent x amount of time reading a story and to have it have such a disapointing ending. It dosen't always have to have a happy ending, but atleast one that makes sense to the story! ARGH!!!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• yes. you think it's going to be a happy ending and it leaves you hanging

or

the book was sooo boring but you continued it because you thought it was going to get good but nothing happens!

uhh i hate that
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 12:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Sometimes. I read mainly true crime. Anger and disappointment in the human race! I actually have to take a break from the true crime at times.
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 12:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Yeah. After reading Flowers for Algernon I was both sad and angry.
    jkt747

Answer by jkt747 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Anything by Greg Palast leaves me annoyed and angry, though greatful that he is able to continue writing.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I read all the books by Dave Pelzer. True stories of his childhood and the hell and abuse this child had to go through by his mother. I got angry, cried, wanted to throw the book. Here are some of the things he went through: had to watch his family eat while sitting on the staircase all he got is scraps from the trash can, had to eat his baby brothers shit out of his diaper, when he was sick and threw up he had to eat it,had to lay in chest high ice water in the bathtub for hours at a time, he had numerous broken bones and never got to wear clean clothes. She hated him so much she called him "it". He had other brothers but they didnt get abused. he also had to watch his brothers open christmas presents and he got nothing. This woman finally died but I hate her for what she did, and it makes me sick to think that there are other mother and fathers out there that do this same thing
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 1:39 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• The endings of books aren't usually what leave me angry. It's usually something else in the book, like some "fact" they get wrong, or just a character acting ignorant pointlessly.
    utopiaseas

Answer by utopiaseas at 11:54 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Yes, several times. Twilight comes to mind.
    Anonymous

• Yes, some books leave you feeling empty, and others just sucked but you already started and want to find out what happens just on principle.
    birdloverkim

Answer by birdloverkim at 8:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2009