Anyone in VA who goes camping???

I am trying to research campsites, preferrably around the Appalachians (or anywhere with not very many bugs) that my husband, 2 year old, and I can all enjoy, and I am looking for recommendations. Got any for me?

LadyBugTLD

Asked by LadyBugTLD at 10:41 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Travel

• Well it's not in VA but close and also near the Appalachains, but there are two decent campgrounds at Gettysburg. you can take in some amazing history...and the historic part of town is beautiful and you're just a short drive to Harper's Ferry...which the AT runs right through...in fact there is an AT center in Harper's Ferry with things to buy and you literally run into Thru-Hikers that are there resting. When we went to Harper's Ferry we walked about 2 miles of the AT, it was gorgeous and well worth it!

Of course i'm a civil war buff so I love Gettysburg, but it's a beautiful town and the battlefield is free to visit, it's also a short drive to other battlefields/museums such as Antietam! So it's a fun camping trip and a great history lesson!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• No matter where you go in the Appalachains your gonna have bugs, mosquitos are a pain. Try the dontbiteme patch for little ones, last 36 hours and no messy spray. you can buy it at krogers or online.
    Anonymous