Presidential comparrison quiz

If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given Tony Blair a set of inexpensive and useless (to Tony Blair's UK video formatting) DVDs, when Tony Blair had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia , would you have approved?
Cont.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 10:54 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous
    Why didn't Bush PREVENT the September 11th attacks? Clinton's people practically begged him to focus on Bin Laden, but Bush coudn't be bothered. He was too busy playing golf.

Clinton was the coward who could have gotten Bin Laden. Pakistan told Clinton where he was, exact location and they had him surrounded but Clinton, Halfbright, and secretary of defense Berger would not order the command. Get your facts straight.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 7:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the non-existent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?

If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current on their income taxes, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?

cont.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:54 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive?
    Carpy

• I dunno but Bush started an illegal war so that trumps all.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 10:57 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Of course none of it would of been approved.The mostly left leaning msm would of had a feild day with each and every one of those if it were GWB.You know it...I know...everyone knows it lol.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:58 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I loved President Bush so I know exactly what you mean. If Bush even did/said HALF the things that Obama has, he would be ripped to shreds constantly on the news, in newspapers, magazines, etc. etc. The Dems would NEVER let it go. But for some reason when Obama does it, its all cool and no one seems to mind. You don't hear about it or read about it as often and the media covers stories of him killing flies or what Michelle is wearing. It pretty funny how much of a double standard there is. If a Repub does something or says something wrong its NOT okay and they are bashed into the ground for it...but if a Dem does it, especially Lord Almighty Obama, no one bats an eye.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

What? An illegal war? You mean to tell me you honestly believe that the war in Iraq is ILLEGAL and that Bush single-handedly started it himself? Alright then well if its ILLEGAL, than why hasn't Obama stopped it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Wow, Crapy. You're really on a roll today, aren't you? I will leave it to other posters to list Bush's 10,000,000,000 idiotic fuck-ups. I don't have the 20 hours it would take to list them.
    Anonymous

• Oh please Anon- The special olympics thing was all over all the news channels for DAYS.

Sure, Bush might not have bowed to the Saudi King, which by the way was a sign of respect HE KISSED HIM.

All Presidents screw up.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 11:03 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Well jackals answered it anon."Bush started an illegal war so that trumps all." Now jackals I like you as a person but disagree there.Also,that says to me since some think such then whatever Obama does is A ok with them...all they have to do is point back to Bush.You are smarter then that.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:04 AM on Jun. 20, 2009