Anyone use the norplant birth control?wanting to change my b.c.

so i am a sahm of a 4yr old my man and i don't talk about having anymore children but i would like at least one more.anyway i have tried all birth control and i am running out of options.I did the depo shot for 2yrs i gained weight,didnt have periods very moody then got bad headaches.wanted the iud but it wouldn't fit.done the patch for a week and hated it.I am now on the pill i been on the pill for almost 2yrs i am tired of taking a pill everyday.I was thinking of getting the Norplant arm thing.they changed it and now its 3 sticks in the arm and they can put it in at the health dept its for 5yrs.i just dont know much about it and was wondering if any of you have it or have any advice for me.so far here is my choices stay on the pill,get the norplant,try the nuva ring or have a kid and get my tubes tied lol please try to help me

alyssa1

Asked by alyssa1 at 10:55 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Health

• anyone?
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• What about a diapram? It has no hormones, no side effects, it is instantly reversible and it does not have a history of class action lawsuits or infertility

Answer by rkoloms at 2:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Um i tried many different methods of birth control after i had my son and the results were similar to urs...birth control pills, patch, shot, rings whatever are not for everyone... Everyones body reacts differently and u only get one life so dont punish ur body. I use condoms, ultra thin i hardly feel them, and theyre prelubed so we dont have to worry about dryness. they have all different kinds. After my period is over, i treat my husband with no condoms and it's just fine until that 1st week is over, because then i begin ovulating.... U can get a home ovulating test to check, but i go by my body signals...I'm ovulating when i'm wetter than usual (sorry TMI), i have slight cramping (not like period, but similar), and my libido spikes ( natural sign ur body gives when it's ready to get preggo). So i wear condoms for that week and 3 days (just to be sure) after, then until i get my period, back to no condoms...works for me
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I can set a timer to my periods, so after quitting birth control, it should be condoms 4 u until u get to know ur cycle better..good luck
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• thanks for the answers so far.i know my cycle pretty good but my man don't like condoms so i have to use some kind of birth control.
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 10:06 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• mirena
    EiEiO

Answer by EiEiO at 3:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• i.u.d won't fit i know tmi but i am too small i have tried it
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2009