Barbecue Chicken in the Crock Pot??

We just bought a new crock pot last night and my hubby has since then been asking for me to make bbq chicken in it,and then to shred it. So I was wondering if anyone has a good recipe for that, and what all do I put in the crock pot?? Do I add veggies or would that not be good? I need help.

chelcityrocks

Asked by chelcityrocks at 10:58 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Food & Drink

• look on allrecipes.com they might have something.
    wildcatsgurl06

Answer by wildcatsgurl06 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• From http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1612,159179-246202,00.html

1/4 c. water
    3 tbsp. catsup
    3 tbsp. vinegar
    2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
    1 tbsp. lemon juice
    3 tbsp. brown sugar
    2 tbsp. butter
    1 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. paprika
    1 tsp. dry mustard
    1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
    1 (2 1/2 or 3 lb.) chicken

Combine water, catsup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, butter and seasoning in a saucepan; heat to boiling. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Place chicken in the crock pot and pour sauce over it. Cook slowly overnight or on high for 6 to 7 hours. This barbecue sauce can also be used with pork and beef.

Answer by Bmat at 11:17 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I just put boneless, skinless chicken breats in the crockpot and dump in a couple bottles of my favorite BBQ sauce and let it cook on HIGH for about 4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours, the chicken should just about shred itself. I use Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2009