I want to start reading the bible

Can you give me tips on how to start? Do I read it from front to back or just read certain books?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The Bible is not in chronological order so it skips around and is sometimes a bit confusing, atleast for me. Here is a website that puts the entire Bible in the order in which it happened. This site not only shows you the Bible in order, it also has a guide so you can read the whole Bible in one year. Hope this helps you get started!

http://www.fbcj.org/Documents/BibleReading-1Year-Chronologically.pdf
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 11:28 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Step 1: Obtain a copy of the Bible.
    Step 2: Verify you have the "correct" copy of the Bible.
    Step 3: Open the cover.
    Step 4: Start reading the first page.
    Step 5: Turn page and continue reading.
    Step 6 Repeat step 5 until you reach the back cover.
    Step 7: Congratulations. You just read the entire Bible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I would suggest looking start from beginning, There are also online search if you want to look for how to start.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I've heard that it is best to not try to read it from front to back. It makes sense to me to start with Genesis, since the subject is the beginning, and to end with Revelations, since it deals with the end. And I don't see a problem with just reading from front to back.

My grandmother said that if you read 3 chapters a day and 5 on Sunday, that in a year you'll have read the whole thing. This is what I have done.

Answer by Bmat at 11:08 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I once had a guide. Start w/ Genesis. And then it gives you a different chapter to read each day/week....however often you plan on reading it. Search for one online. I got mine from Sunday school several years ago. Anyway, it doesn't go in order...more like relevant lessons. It jumps around & eventually you're done & have read everything. But I also do no recommend reading it from front to back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• It take 1 year to read the bible??? wow!
    Anonymous

• I'm sure there's a Cliff's Notes or Bible for Dummies out by now, maybe it would be easier to start there...
    Anonymous

• ps I just realized how rude that sounded... I wasn't trying to say you are a dummy... that was supposed to be a joke, sorry about that if I offended you!
    Anonymous

• get the one year bible. there will be a mom in here telling you all about soon enough.
    Anonymous

• I suggest you get several versions of the Bible as it will give you different perspectives & you might find some easier to read than others. You can also buy books that give you the interpretations of different theologians and religious leaders, these are great to read along side the texts. How you proceed is up to your individual taste. You might like to start at the beginning & go through to the end. Or you might like to see what books share related topics & read them together. It is generally recommended you read the Old & New Testaments separately, as they are from different time periods.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2009