do you giggle when?

You see someone thats like 6 weeks pregnant rubbing there belly and CONVINCED there showing...

My sister is 10 weeks pregnant and she rubs her belly all the time (shes a little chubby) and says how the baby is kicking.

Im like "your kid is the size of a pumpkin sead, and your uterus is like the size of an orange.

I mean, dont get me wrong, I rubbed my belly too that early, I think everyone does... but we dont run around saying our baby is kicking at 6 weeks or 10 weeks and wearing maturnity pants and clothes. Lol.

I love her to death, but she makes me laugh sometimes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Did you have this on here last night? I answered this last night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• That is funny! But maybe she tried for along time and just excted..
    RyHouston

Answer by RyHouston at 11:20 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Well at the early stage you can feel very bloated, even at 6 weeks. I started wearing maternity clothes at about 7 weeks because it was uncomfortable already! I'm 12 weeks now and YES i feel the baby moving, though it's flutters and bubbles....kicks won't be felt until 18-20 weeks. If it's her first baby, then yeah set her straight and say with your first, and with you being larger, you won't feel the baby until about 18-24 weeks, so what you are feeling is NOT the baby! But some moms feel subsequent babies as early as 10 weeks or so (this is my second), so it's not perfectly legitimate!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:22 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Just because she's bigger doesn't mean she won't feel the baby at the same time as a "normal" sized woman. Granted, this is the first pregnancy for her so she won't normally feel the baby for a few more weeks, but that's true of any first pregnancy.

I started wearing maternity clothes early too, bottoms because it got uncomfortable really fast, and tops (honestly) because I wanted people to know I was pregnant. Dumb, but not uncommon...

What's the harm in letting her think she feels the baby? If there are twins in there she really could be feeling movement... Maybe she's having terrible morning sickness and thinking that she feels the baby makes her feel like the throwing up has purpose... who knows...

I'd probably giggle too, but I'd keep that giggle in my head...
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 12:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2009