What if they made cigarettes illegal, but legalized pot?

Spin-off =]

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 11:16 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• wouldn't be a surprise!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• people would still smoke pot people would still smoke cigarettes and the economy would collapse.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:17 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• well, that would be downright silly.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 11:19 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Prohibition has proven over and over again to not work, so I think it would prove to be the same with cigarettes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• The economy would NOT collapse...hemp is a very beneficial product that is natural and biodegradable. It has MANY pluses and the biggest one is not smoking it, although that has been proven a good way to increase appetite of those on chemo, etc. Personally, I would not smoke it if it did become legal and I would never want my kids to smoke it either, just because I think smoking is a disgusting habit.

http://www.world-mysteries.com/marijuana1.htm
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 11:21 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I think the economy would strive personally- tobacco is like a quarter of the worlds economy, imagine if pot became apart of that economy, people would be buying it left and right, and with the kind of sin tax that would be on that JEEZE. If anything could help our economy right now, making a substance that calms people down and relaxes there mind legal and selling that stuff would probably do more good that harm at this point. I don't smoke pot, but I would put money on it that making it legal would cause less drug crimes and bring more to the economy!

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 11:22 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Would be stupid. They both should be illegal and alcohol. Pot impairs you as well. Cigs are just nasty cancer causing habits.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I really have no opinion on marijuana either way. Just so everyone knows.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:23 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Everyone would have the munchies. Everyone would go buy fast food. The economy flourishes! Hooray! LOL. That would be nice.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:24 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• The economy would NOT collapse

And you think the switch from million and millions of acres of growing tobacco not to mention the tobacco already invested in thru harvest and put into stores being yanked out of the market and the massive unemployment the instant loss of revenue to millions of small businesses who are hanging on a thread as it is would NOT collapse the economy??
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:24 AM on Jun. 20, 2009