my 3 month old fell of our bed!

she was just laying there and all of the sudden she was on the ground. she calmed down after 5 min of crying but i am pretty worried she was still hungry and nothing seemed weird about her but i am still scared has this ver happened to anyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my brother was 5 months, just learning to crawl, he scooted right off the edge of the bed and went face first on the floor. He was fine and no long term damage from it.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 11:52 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• My baby rolled off of a very high bed when he was about 7 months. Being first time parents we took him to the ER just to be safe (that makes me smile now...talk about being over protective). He was totally fine - happy and gooing at the Dr. I think he thought we were crazy for even being there. Anyway, if she is acting normal and not vomiting or anything, she's most likely just fine.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 12:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• When my daughter was about 4 or 5 months she rolled off the bed a few times actually. She's a little wild child 3 year old now, but there is nothing wrong with her from the fall. Since babies are so flexible and everything, those little incidents don't really affect them, just causes us to worry big time. Just as long as she doesn't fall onto like a concrete floor on her head or something like that. But it should be ok.
    wcostner

Answer by wcostner at 12:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• MY SON DID THAT BEFORE ALSO , HE WAS FINE , HE WENT RIGHT BACK TO SLEEP AFTER I HELD HIM FOR A WHILE , THE NEXT MORNING ITS LIKE HE FORGOT ABOUT IT , HE WAS UP RUNNIN AROUND REAKIN HAVOC AS USUAL! LOL .. AND TRUST ME ITS GUNNA HAPPEN 100 MORE TIMES ! LOL ... AND DONT LET ANYONE TELL U U WERE HORRIBLE FOR IT HAPPENING , THAT MIGHT HAPPEN U NEVER KNOW
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 12:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• when dd was about 7 mos, she did a triple roll (from the middle of the bed) off the bed at my parents' house. she landed on her back on hardwood (it was at least a 3 ft drop). she screamed for about 5 minutes. then she threw up and looked out of it. by the time we got to the er, she was almost back to acting normally. i felt stupid and guilty for weeks! if baby is acting normal, just observe her for the rest of the day. if anything changes, i'd either call the doc or go to the er.
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 12:11 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• My son did this at least 5 times as a baby. You would think I would have learned the first time. He was fine every time.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:31 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• omg my 7 month old did that like 3 days ago..she cryed for about 5 minutes then she was fine too.but i still took her to the er...they gave her a ct scan and said she was fine and told me next time if it happened to watch her for a bit before bringing her if shes acting like herself not vomiting not acting lathargic,eating ok then just lightly wake her every coulpe hours to make sure she okay...it also happened when she was 3 months..with my husband that time and they said the same thing so i would just keep an eye on her if you feel uneasy take her but if she acting like herself shes probably okay :)
    mom2b112108

Answer by mom2b112108 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• My 7 month old fell off the couch last week and cried for a minute but shes ok now. I cried too, lol, but it was scary. It WILL happen again. Just wait until she starts pulling herself up onto end tables and falling or cracking her head on brick fireplaces!!!
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 9:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2009