• In the Spotlight:

How many days after missed period?

How many days after a missed period would you most likely get the best results?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you are more than a day past your period's due date, and you actually are pregnant, there would be enough hormones in your urine to test positive. If your period isn't due for another week, wait on testing...
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 12:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• that isnt entirely true it really depends on how much hcg is in your blood some get a pos right away but some dont get one til a month after their period
    my advice just take one now then if neg wait a week and try again if no period
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I took my first test 5 days before my period was supposed to start (I used one of the tests specifically marketed to be used that early) and got a positive... but the line was very faint. There were 2 tests in the box so I used the second one the next day and got another faint line. The 3rd day I used a different brand of test and the line was a lot darker... I don't know if that was because it was a different brand or because it was a few days closer to my period.

But that might have just been me... as a PP said, some women are different... if you haven't missed a period yet, try one of the "early" tests and then if need be try again after you miss it. Remember, there are false negatives, but from what I've heard, no false positives. If you continue to test and they are all neg, call your doctor.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I got two possitive tests the day after I was suppose to start so I hadn't even "missed" my period yet. But every one is different.... some people have to miss 2 or 3 periods before they will get a possitive test.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 4:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2009