MY 2 1/2 YR OLD DD-USES MY BOOBS TOO MUCH!!!

I AM 5MTHS PREGNANT AND HAVE STOPPED PRODUCING MILK. MY 2 1/2 YR OLD STILL WANTS TO SUCK ON MY BOOBS AT NIGHT,WHAT DO I DO?? I AM DESPERATE I HAVE TRIED IT ALL....I AM EXPECTING IN OCTOBER AND I AM REALLY HAVING A HARD TIME. SHE NEVER USED A PACIFIER OR TOOK A BOTTLE. PLEASE HELP ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED.
THANKS MARY

MFHARDIN4

Asked by MFHARDIN4 at 12:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put it in your older child's hands, the decision. Buy her several soft vinyl and cuddle toys to use only when she wants to nurse. You can buy some easy pretty cheap from supermarkets and drugstores. Tell her this is our new baby bag. Mommy will cuddle you while you snuggle your new toy and help mommy's milk grow for new baby. Focus mostly on her new toys and cuddling you while she cuddles her new lovies. The reason is that you need her help for your milk to grow, like it did before she nursed, more for new baby coming. DD needed milk as a tiny baby and now a tiny baby is coming very soon. It's hard emotionally for us as moms being preggers with an older child I know. But your dd will be grow into preschool years ok I promise!!
    Anonymous

• You are going to have tp put your foot down. She is old enough to drink from a sippy cup now.If she throws a fit, ignore her. If she tries to insist, look into her eyes,call her name and tell her NO, we cannot do that anymore, you have to drink from a sippy cup now. When she gets thirsty enough she will accept the fact. My milk dried up when I was 5 months preg. and when my daughter who was breastfeeding was 8 mos old. So I had no choice but to put her on the bottle w/ formula. I wish you success!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 12:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I wanted to tell you I know EXACTLY what your going though. I'm not pregant, but I need to get my DD to stop b/c I need to get my wisdom teeth out and she can't breastfeed when I'm on all of those meds. I think I'm going to try to start just putting warm milk in a sippy cup and just have to cut her off completly. It's going to be hard. It's more of a habit than anything right now, and it's hard to break habits but it has to be done. Good luck!!
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I would give her the cuddle time but not the sucking. try a cup or another snuggly toy, do not make it a bad experience. Since the baby is coming you can do the big sister and she is a big girl and the baby will be drinking the milk from your breasts instead. you can give her a baby so she can BF the baby like mommy will
    good luck
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Trishy, just wanted to let you know that most of the meds that are used for oral surgery are perfectly safe to nurse with, if you are interested, let me know.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2009