Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my ex husband has the kids and wont let me speak to them what can i do

i have recently seperated from a violent husband and started a procedure in france he kidnaped the kids and put them into a school and now the lawyers say the kids are stable with him.I came back to england for support and he doesnt let me ring the children.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

Answers (12)
  • Gosh kinda like Goldman and Brazil. Get opinions from other lawyers who have a background in your problem I guess. Good luck!!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

  • Well If he is that violent than you need to get a lawyer and get the kids back!


    Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

  • Oh man oh man, I wish I could go there with guns blazin and help ya there sis! Please keep us posted. As far as out of country, I wish I knew more about the laws. The only advice I can give is to kidnap them back! And that probably isn't good advice(Before I get OTHER mom's out there shit talking me)

    Answer by Starfire73 at 2:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

  • You need a very good Family/Custody lawyer familiar with international law, specifically laws in France. You could try contacting the consulate in France, but I don't know if they'd do anything. Good luck to you.

    Answer by CoolGirlChris at 4:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

  • Can Interpol help?

    Answer by rkoloms at 5:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

  • You need the biggest cut throat SOB lawyer you can find girl!

    Answer by Starfire73 at 8:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

  • Move back to France and get an attorney, I have NO idea what the laws are for INTERNATIONAL custody issues.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

  • I don't know anything about laws regarding international custody issues or even what the laws are in France or England. left the country where your kids are, and I don't think that will be a plus for you in terms of anything the French courts will do for you. Can you get back to France and fight the issue there? If all you want is phone contact.....I imagine you will still have to fight it in the court in France..... Don't let you kids think you gave up on them and didn't mind leaving them with the man who abused you....Does he abuse them?

    Answer by BJoan at 9:20 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

  • I know nothing of international family law, so I'm of little help.

    BUT, I would HIGHLY recommend you keep copies of all your phone bills so that you can show a court that you've been trying to contact the kids, I'd write letters often (hopefully he'll return them unopened --- more evidence of your attempts to contact them), and -- if it's legal -- tap your phones. Records any & all conversations with him so that you have proof you've been trying to talk to them & he won't let you.

    Evidence, evidence evidence --- it's your best friend.


    Answer by Laura1229 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

  • Who actually had custody of the kids when you seperated? I'd talk to as many lawyers I had to til I found out what to do. Tough call because it crosses country lines. Good luck!

    Answer by 3Dani75 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.