18 month old still on bottle

How can i help transition her? She is a little stinker to put to sleep, she has to have a pacifier, a warm milk bottle, and a blanket.. and has to be rocked, or she will just sit there and cry. She WILL not just fall asleep if i leave her, trust me i have tried.
I dont give her a bottle at any other time just when she is going to sleep.

(And for the bashers out there, thats the only time she gets the pacifier too)

Im not to worried about the pacifier right now, just the bottle.
What are some things i can do to help break her from the bottle
Were having baby #2 on monday, and i know it will be even harder when she sees that that baby gets a bottle. HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter was the same way... I started putting water in her bottle and didn't give in. She got bored of it and threw it away herself.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 12:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I would just give her water in the bottle. After a while she will just not want it anymore. It will be hard for a few nights but you can do it! Good Luck!
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• on their 2nd birthday I got rid of my girls bottles. we talked it up and let them do everything. yay its a bottle party, had them toss them into a bag to give away to another baby out there that needs it.

it took a couple days for them to really get over not having a bottle any more but that was it.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I'd go with the water in the bottle approach as well. The concern with the bottle at night at this age is that sugar in the milk can damage the teeth (unless you're brushing her teeth after the bottle but I'm guessing you aren't). If she won't take the water, try just watering the milk down more and more until its all water or giving less and less milk. With the new baby coming, it's going to be tougher. She's going to want a bottle when she sees the baby get one.

I definitely wouldn't worry about the pacifier for a while yet.

You might also try reading Elizabeth Pantley's No Cry Sleep solution. Very helpful. I've heard there's a version for toddlers. (I used the one for infants but it would probably help as well.)
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 2:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• i would be worried of laying her down to sleep with a bottle cuz the sugars can mess up her teeth you can always put water in with the milk and a really small nipple hole to try to get her off the bottle
    Anonymous