Do you think Pizza Hut changing its name to "The Hut" and focusing on "healthier" pizza will help its sales?

http://www.brandweek.com/bw/content_display/current-issue/e3i801548f98188f77a9b77b475f9af753d

In my opinion, it's as useless as McDonald's offering "healthy" food : /

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 12:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Its so stupid. People go to places like pizza hut and mcdonalds because they want greasy fatning food!!! lol. If you want healthy pizza, go to an organic store and make it yourself. :D
    MY OPINION!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 12:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Agree with you ladies on this one.My family doesn't eat out that often..very seldom.When we do we are going for the greese not rabbit food.Pizza Hut was one of our favorites because they have good pizza and reasonably priced.I have a family of 7.I think it sucks for those of us who know what MODERATION means.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Personally I would order a "healthier" pizza. The only times I ever order Pizza hut is if I am hungry and too buried to cook, so I would appreciate a better option. If you get a less greasy, veggie-laden pizza it is a healthy meal. As far as MacDonalds, their so-called healthy options are so gross and processed they aren't healthy anyways, so the 3-4 times a year I actually go there I get a cheeseburger!
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I know many euphemisms for Pizza Hut. The Hut is not one of them. The rest are not really suitable for CM. The same company is already trying this at KFC, Taco Bell and Long John Silvers. I don't know if any of those are any healthier either. They make Taco Bell healthier by leaving the cheese off.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I just had Pizza Hut last night, and I think it's healthier than they used to make it. Kudos to them for trying. You can only make something like that so "healthy"... but there is no need for it to be overly greasy.
    I got light sauce and veggies, and I didn't feel like it automatically went to my butt... LOL!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 12:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• They make Taco Bell healthier by leaving the cheese off.
    ___________________________
    lol really? I hadn't heard that. Taco hell is disgusting, it makes MacDonalds look like fine cuisine! Taco Bell's food is super greasy, and loaded with fat. Not an ounce of nutrition. You can get pretty healthy Mexican food for cheap with lots of fresh ingredients at a lot of little places around, that's what I do.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• We always get a thin crust veggie pizza any way, but most of the time I make our pizza. With gas going up again, we are tightening our belts even furthur, so I doubt any gimmick will change our minds.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• lol really? I hadn't heard that.

They call it their "Fresco Menu" If you look up the nutritional info online, they have the regular and Fresco versions side by side, and the only differences between them is the Fresco ones don't have cheese or sour cream. They still have the same greasy meat though.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Taco smell....barfo bell........they are disgusting bleck.Then you spend the night on the pot.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• i worked at pizza hut for 5 years. its funny because we called it "the hut" back then, 10 years ago! i do not think this is going to help sales. i already know that they are saving money by using less cheese and providing smaller cups for drinks. they have gotten rid of some certain foods like the spinach artichoke dip and have replaced it with a variety of cheaper fried foods. my old co workers and i meet up there on occasion. the last 2 times we were the only people in there for 3 hours and both times it was on a friday night. back in the day i remember friday nights being so busy we all wanted to kill ourselves. now it truly seems like they might go out of business even with the "natural" bloat causing sauce and "natural" processed meats.
    emilsmama

Answer by emilsmama at 1:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2009