• In the Spotlight:

my baby wont stop smacking ..pinching and pulling hair...

my baby is only 7 months old but anytime anyone holds her she pulls their hair..she will grab their cheeks or whatever skin she can get a hold of and sqeeze as hard as she can...she smacks in the face...i dont know what to do..its gotren to the point where people dont want to hold her....do i tell her no? smack her hands? she just so little does she even know shes doing anything wrong?im afraid shes to little to start telling her no..what do i do? put a warning label on her?

mom2b112108

Asked by mom2b112108 at 12:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started putting my dd down and saying no hitting/pulling when she would. She eventually clued in. You can teach your kids, just be consistant and remember she is just a baby.
    When I would put dd down she would cry. I'd pick her back up and gently rub my hand on her face or hair and say nice. Then I'd take her hand and put it on my face or hair and gently rub it saying nice. She eventually got it. It took a month or so. Now she rubs our faces and heads and whatever and says, "nie" nice.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• If she were older, I would pinch her back, not hard, but for a 7 month old, don't know what to suggest.
    Anonymous

• Shes 7 months old. There is no way you can teach her that its not right. you have to deal with it untill she gets a little older. Then do it back, just not hard.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 12:31 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I agree she's far to young to go about that one manor. She's little and that's what most babies do. All I can recommend is put your hair back, and don't wear big earings or necklaces. It seems to me it's just a thing baby's do, you put two of them together and they try to dig out one another's faces.
    Soon2Be8489

Answer by Soon2Be8489 at 12:34 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• My son did that. I started telling him no and it took a while but he understands. He is 10 months now and when he does something and I say no he will shake his head no and stop.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2009